Friday, June 6, 2014

How great is the Sleeping Dogs soundtrack?

Throughout this week I've had some extra time to get back into some of the games I've started but never finished. One of those was Sleeping Dogs, and I forgot how awesome of a soundtrack it had.

One of the best parts of playing sandbox games is the incredible soundtracks they've amped up recently. Started by the Grand Theft Auto series, Saints Row has generally been fire and one-upped them in many ways. Then I heard the crazy variety that Square Enix's game had, and it was fantastic.

I just wanted to cruise the streets of Hong Kong and blaze through the tracks. At times I couldn't get out of the car or bike I was riding in when seeing an object flash in the distance. I just wanted to listen to the rest of the track.

Probably the best thing I discovered was Antipop Consortium with this hot track:


The game itself has its issues. It's not the greatest game to control, struggles can be had in using vehicles and glitches are scattered throughout the game, especially in races. But the story is great and there's a hell of a lot to do.

For those that haven't discovered Sleeping Dogs yet, then you missed out when it was free about a year ago on PSN. But it can still be had for a cheap price in most stores. If you hate sandbox games, I'd recommend just picking up the soundtrack or finding it all over YouTube. It'll make your weekend that much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment